Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mission trip

The mission trip was amazing!! I had a great time with the kids and seeing all the sites in Philly... The cheesesteaks are wonderful!! We stayed in a church that had no A/C , but the girls had window a/c so it wasn't too bad. My crew went to the food bank for a day and a half. The first day we were there we stocked so that the food pantries could come in and shop. So it would cast the food pantry $.18 per pound to buy food, and all the bread was free to them. Than the half day we were there we made food boxes for senior citizens who had little or no money to buy food. We spent a day at one of the many senior citizen center in Philly. We just sat around and just talked about whatever came to mind. I am not a big fan of old people.. I don't know why but I am not.. Anyways, theses ladies were cute and none of them looked like they were in there late 80's. Than we were at kids club for two days, I was in the power station, in the station we taught the kids a bible story and we would sing songs. The kids always wanted to help hold the signs for the songs or be in the skit we did.. They were very helpful. I learned a lot about myself... Like... I am doing the right thing working with these youth, I feel more called to do this now than I ever did.. I also learned that I shouldn't be scared of old people they won't die on me.. silly I know but I have always had that fear.

Yesterday was Williams 2nd birthday!! He is getting so big! He is almost bottle broke.. yeah for his parents!! And he isn't getting rocked anymore.. I am so proud of him!! So I think that it is time for a new baby.. Yes that is right .. I said it I am ready!!...

Love,
ME

1 comment:

Tim said...

You've gotta watch out for old people. I was woken the other night by an old man trying to steal my teeth.