Friday, February 17, 2006

How to Listen to God?

So the last few weeks have been stressful. I never thought that I would ever have to deal with anyone in my family having breast cancer. BUT I am! My grandma has breast cancer. Yesterday she had surgery. They took her whole breast and four or more lymphnodes ( I can't spell medical words). It is unclear if the cancer has moved anywhere else in her body.
So the last few weeks I can't tell you how many times I have told God that this can't happen to my grandma let alone to my family. But though it all God has been there. I know that God is trying to teach me something. I have to admit I am not the best at listening to God when I am blaming him for what is going on. I have yet to figure that I should be blaming God that I should just listen to him and so as he says. SO I did that yesterday. I wasn't going to go to the hospital, but I felt like God was telling to go and be with my mom and grandpa. I am glad that I was there. My mom needed my shoulder to cry on and I was able to let her do that. Though all this my mom has been strong and yesterday she couldn't so my oldest sister and I were strong for her! The more I type the more I think that none of this makes sense. But maybe it does. It is just a lot of thoughts that I have had and needed to get the out somewhere. I just praise God that he is able to hold my family in his arms right not and that no matter what happens he will be there for us. Though I can't not see him I know that he is standing right beside me. Thank you, God for all that you have done for me and my family. I love you God!!

No comments: