Friday, April 14, 2006

Who am I

So yesterday I was watching Oprah. And she had 4 woman on that had lost who they were. As I was watching I thought to myself... "Who am I" ... And my first thought was I am a mom, a wife, sister, daughter... I could go on.. But that is not really who I am.. There titles that I have gotten. So who am I? Yep I have no idea. It is hard to think about myself. I put everyone that I love first before myself. Is this the right thinks to do? Some would say yes others would say no. I say... Well I am sure that I should put myself first, but I don't know how. I am sure I use to when I was single and only had to think about ME. So how does one put themselves first before all others? Hmm... I don't know what the answer is? Do I take time away from William and Duane to make time for me? It is hard to even think that taking time away from them is even right. I do feel like that I have lost who I am, but I am not sure how to find myself.. I am sure it won't happen over night like I would like. So I will take one day at a time.. So today is day 1.. So step one would be to find time for me.. Not matter what right? So is this the time I have my flogging? Or is it something like taking a shower without anyone coming in and asking me questions? I just don't know. So for the next few days, weeks, months I will be trying to find out who I am.
So just a couple questions that were also asked or stated to these women
1) What's the one thing missing in my life?
2) When I was born, what was the plan for my life?

Ok so as I written down these questions I thought to myself only God knows that the plan is for my life. So how can I answer that question? If God is in charge of my life than why would I want to change the plan or even know what it is? Isn't that what makes life exciting and unknown? So what do you think? Your thoughts? Leave a comment...
Have a great Easter!!
Love,
me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne! Thanks for the updated post, although I think Oprah is the anti-Christ! Marcus

Tim said...

Yeah... I think I agree with Marcus about the whole Oprah thing. :)

Do you read many books? I'm reading this one right now that talks about the need for solitude... but solitude doesn't necessarily mean being alone by yourself in the middle of no where. You can have solitude in the busiest of places.