Sunday, July 11, 2010

Prayer

Today in Sunday School we talked about prayer. I wish we had more time to talk about it. I love just to talk about how others pray and what they pray about. How do you pray? what do you pray about? Do you pray differently for non- Christians? When you pray do you always ask and never thank?

People pray in different ways, forms, times of day. I thought I would share how I pray and when I pray. When I pray I normally do in my car cause that seems to work for me. Somedays though i talk to God all day. I love to just tell God whats on my mind even though I know he knows, it makes me feel. I wonder if some days he says, Marianne really could you just stop long enough for me to answer just one thing. I sometimes have a hard time listening to God, because i think what I have to say is far more important then what God has to say. Then there are days that i listen. I open my eyes more look around more. God answers prayers in ways that you may not even know he can. When I pray/talk to God sometimes I do nothing but ask for this or that. God can you help me with this, God i don't get this. And I never thank God for what he has done for me, his unconditional love for me, for everything in my life. I am far from good at prayer, but I k now God doesn't care if it is pretty, or worded right. All he cares about is if you are trusting him letting him control your life. There have been times in my life where I have wanted the control and have taken ( or at least i have taken it) and i have stopped talking to God and doing what ever i felt like. Then when things don't go as planned i blame God because after all he is control of me. But that isn't the case at all it that i didn't trust him enough to give up the control to him. In the last few months I have given God control and have let him lead me. Have i asked questions of God, have i wondered if letting God control my life plan, have i been unsure of what will happen next. YES I have, but it has done something to me it has made me look at what is going on around me. I am so truly blessed with a family that loves me no matter how upset they or I make them. They have got my back and are willing at a moments notice to pick up the pieces and help me put them back together. I have a son who with out a question loves me, and is the most important person in my life right next to God. I have a wonderful church family who supports me and loves me as I am no matter my faults. I have friends who support me and only want the best for me. I amazing man in my life that understands that i am not perfect and my life hasn't been easy, and wants to love me like i should be loved. And his wonderful family who have blessed me and supported me from day one! I am so blessed to have some any in my life. I know that God is in control and I am going to thank him each and everyday for all he has given me will give and has done for me. I may ask and ask when i pray, but now i am going to thank God. I love when my relationship grows with God it makes me want to dive in and soak up every word he is saying to. I want to live like he wants me to live. I am blessed and have never felt like i am going the right direction. But I feel i am moving up that big mountain coming out of a deep valley. Praising and Thanking God each and every step. Thank you God for teaching me that given you control and trusting you makes life so much more sweeter..

No comments: